Blinded by myths: Uncovering climate solutions within animal agriculture
Animal agriculture is often disproportionately blamed when it comes to climate change, distracting us from legitimate climate solutions in a sector portrayed as only a problem. That’s because we haven’t been looking at how methane actually warms – or helps cool – our planet. By rethinking methane, we can show how animal agriculture cannot only find a path to climate neutrality, but also one in which it can be a tool in our fight against global climate change.
Time: 19:30 – 20:45
We are delighted to invite you to an evening with Dr. Frank Mitloehner, Professor in the Department of Animal Science at the University of California, Davis.
There are many myths around emissions from agriculture, but Dr. Mitloehner has taken a much closer look at the industry’s contribution to climate change, and his research aims to combat the negativity regarding agricultural emissions. He will be joining us to discuss why his research shows current farm carbon calculators are wrong.
Dr Frank Mitloehner will be discussing:
- Inadequacy of current farm carbon calculators
- Carbon footprint of different feedstuffs
- Improving farm efficiency to improve profitability
- Can Agriculture provide the solution to tackling climate change?
- Q&A session – please submit your questions to us prior to the event using #CMCandGHGGuru on Twitter or use the chat function on the night
Secure your place today
If you would like to attend our free webinar, please book your place by filling in the form below. We will email you a registration link before the event.