Bag Delivery Driver
An opportunity has arisen at Crediton Milling for a bag delivery driver to join our logistics team. We are looking for an experienced and hardworking individual to deliver bagged animal feeds across the Southwest, out of our depot, based in Crediton.
With a competitive rate and training provided, we hope that the applicant would fit seamlessly into an efficient team, providing a professional delivery service to our customers in the agricultural industry.
- A competitive rate offered based upon 50 hours a week, Monday to Friday, with some Saturday work as and when required.
- Overtime readily available throughout busy periods of the year due to the nature of the industry we work within.
- The successful applicant would receive 28 days holiday per year, including bank holidays.
- Entered into the company’s pension system.
- Must possess an HGV class C licence.
- Digital tachograph trained and a valid CPC card holder.
- Have the ability to form positive working relationships with colleagues, E.g. Warehouse staff/other drivers.
- Strong organisational and communication skills to be able to communicate with customers for deliveries.
- Ability to work alone and meet deadlines.
- Strong work ethic is essential.
- Ensuring that goods are secured safely on lorry (Training can be provided).
- Carry out multiple drops, planning the route accordingly.
- To understand and work within the EU regulated drivers hours.
- Comply with all health and safety requirements.
- Work closely with the Transport Manager in regards to the maintenance and safety of the vehicle.
Trainee Forage Specialist
A new opportunity is now available for an ambitious and hardworking individual seeking a fulfilling career within the agricultural industry. CMC Forage are looking for a recent college leaver or someone with a strong agricultural background to join a successful team with an outstanding reputation throughout the South West.
We will provide a structured training programme that will develop commercial and technical skills, enabling the successful candidate to build a rewarding career. Working towards industry recognised qualifications there will be the opportunity for the successful candidate to tailor their career path as it develops.
This is an excellent, rare and unique opportunity ideally suited for those living within Devon, Cornwall or Somerset.
A competitive salary is available for the right candidate.
- Commit and engage with the training programme.
- Introduce and explain the benefits of Enhanced fertilisers, grass seeds and silage inoculants to farming customers.
- Undertake soil sampling and farm grassland and soil audits, put together fertiliser recommendations and compile NVZ record
- Take part in on-farm demonstrations and support trials where required.
- Negotiate and sell the product range to new and existing accounts.
- Keep up to date with relevant market trends and changes.
- Keep an organised record of customer activity and feedback.
- Previous Livestock experience.
- A good relationship builder.
- An interest in grassland management, agronomy and ruminant nutrition.
- Motivation and drive to increase sales.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A full UK driving licence.